So the basic deal is evilmog has a black badge to DEFCON as a result of winning Hacker Jeopardy with Renderman and Dan Crowley.
This means I have atleast one guaranteed ticket to DEFCON, and I'd like to use it to entertain you.
I have always been fascinated with text based games. Dial-up was the only thing available until I was an adult. With speeds being so slow text based was often the way to go, that or continuum. Speaking of continuum I'm also going to host an arena.
Anyways I built a MUD for Derbycon over the years, and now its this huge monster so now I'm going to use my badge for evil and make you all compete for it.
To be clear you are competing for
(1) DEFCON 29 HUMAN BADGE
Right now the game is in a testing phase, as a result the points on the ctf board at ctf.mog.ninja will be reset and all flags changed on July 1st, 2020. Also at this time the players will be wiped, ssh keys cleaned off the server and the game put into competition mode.
During this test mode a number of cheats are available. Why do you need cheat modes you ask? Well this game is very hard.
This game has permadeath, when you die you reset to level 1, you will retain your stats and completed quests. Technically death doesn't cause these things but your recovery from it. Praying without "deathproof" or death insurance resets you to level 1.
There are a few exceptions to this rule:
- easymode - in easymode you will not be reset to level 1, however you cannot see ctf flags.
- deathproof - purchasing deathproof insurance will protect you from death in most instances, certain events may not protect you such as leaving the airlock
Cheat codes have been published and their usage will prevent the display of flags.
There are intentional bugs in this game, also many many unintentional ones. Feel free to exploit them. If you find a way to bypass the cheat system feel free to utilize it. Also beware of traps, some exploits may have unintended consequences.
- winner of the contest must demonstrate control over the character account in Las Vegas by logging into the game
- all judgements by evilmog are final, no appeals
- winner will be the player with the most points on the ctf board as of Sunday Morning at 0900 of Defcon 28
- in the event of a tie, some sort of tie breaker will be created
- if the winner is unavailable or evilmog gets impatient and other players of the MUD ctf are present in Las Vegas, the human badge will be awarded to the highest ranked player present
- pickup of the badge will be on badge day of Defcon 29, the inhuman registration line is apparently short, location to be determined and oddly arbitrary
- hints and rules will be announced on twitter
- all player files will be wiped July 1st 2020
- ctf board points will be wiped July 1st, 2020
- game administrators with legit access to source codes not eligible, I may waive this rule if no winners can make it to vegas
- easy mode will be disabled July 1st, 2020
- evil mog owes game administrators beer
- if you want to contribute areas there is an SDK and a test instance, contact @Evil_Mog on twitter, we may be able to engineer it so that you don't have to lose your ability to compete
- reported bugs via the bug command that can be used to fix this bug may be awarded CTF points at evilmogs discretion
- ctf board name must be your player name so I can identify you, if it's not you may not get a prize
- bots, triggers, timers etc are fully allowed